Sunday, September 14, 2014

Hip Hop Gumbo

Oh yeah! My first solo coordination of a live music show, Hip Hop Gumbo, was a decent success. There no doubt were a couple of hiccups, but overall it developed to be a very fun event. I have to say that I am definitely excited for the thought that I may be able to do this again in the near future. I cannot go any further without saying thank you to ALL the people who made this possible. Alaina Foster, Trac Schacht, Ben Salzinger, Nate Owen, Gene Poindexter, Eric and Noelle Konrad, Pensive Poetry with Miranda Wrights, Mike Hodge, TJ Johnson and The Side Door Lounge. There is only so much that I can do on my own accord and it is so wonderful to have people who like to work together to accomplish a common goal.

Leading up to the event I was not really nervous about it, but I didn't know what to expect. It seemed like the last few hours before the show zipped by at a crazy pace. Before I knew it, it was show time. A few heads were in the building and I was thinking that people might not make an appearance, but it was almost like I blinked one time and the venue was filling up. What a site to see! Not only was there people in attendance, but they were engaged. More engaged than almost any other show that I have been to. So, let me take a minute to thank those in attendance also. You guys seriously rock! I know all the performers and I especially am thankful to you for the energy you brought. I would put a show together for you any day. I would like to do something like this again soon. I guess I better get to some more shows and scout some other talent.

The performances were sweet. Nate O has a very smooth laid back sound that is different from most styles I have heard in my time out on the scene. I am partial to my guy TKO and his performance was one to remember. He really had good interaction with the audience. Simian Simpleton with Noelle always impress! Simian has this dope flow that takes you by surprise and paired with his wife Noelle's singing it really stands apart. What can I say about Pensive? Super multi-talented expialidocious! This guy is not only laying down hot lyrics, but he is painting live at the show before his set. He was so kind to offer me his are piece at the end of the show. All around this show was special to me!

Thank you, thank you, thank you! Stay tuned for more work coming through the pipeline.


No comments:

Post a Comment